Who Needs to File an Alabama State Tax Form 40?


Quick Answer

Full-time and part-time residents of Alabama must file state tax form 40, according to the Alabama Department of Revenue. The official website for the Alabama Department of Revenue typically has forms available for download. Nonresidents who need to file Alabama state taxes should use form 40NR, notes H&R Block.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

There are several types of forms and schedules that may need to be filed with Form 40, states the Alabama Department of Revenue. For example, taxpayers complete Schedule CR to receive credit for taxes paid to other states. The state also has a short tax form, Form 40A, available. If taxpayers need to send in a payment, they should also complete Form 40-V.

Learn more about Taxes

Related Questions