How Much Schooling Does a Legal Assistant Need?


Quick Answer

Legal assistants need either a community college associate's degree in a paralegal program or a certificate in paralegal studies if they already have a bachelor's degree in another subject. Some employers also train bachelor degree holders who don't have additional schooling for entry-level positions.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

A few schools even offer bachelor's and master's degrees in paralegal studies. Many degree and certificate programs combine training in legal research and legal applications of computers with other academic subjects.

A lot of programs include internships in private law firms, legal aid organizations, public defender offices or corporate legal departments. These enhance students' newly acquired skills and their job prospects.

Learn more about Career Aspirations

Related Questions