Q:

How Much Does Medicare Pay for Non-Emergency Transportation?

A:

Quick Answer

Medicare generally pays 80 percent of the costs for approved non-emergency ambulance transportation, while the client pays the remaining 20 percent. The client must meet specific requirements to receive coverage for non-emergency ambulance transportation. This coverage is provided under Medicare Part B.

Continue Reading
How Much Does Medicare Pay for Non-Emergency Transportation?
Credit: mrdoomits iStock / Getty Images Plus Getty Images

Full Answer

Examples of the requirements for non-emergency ambulance transport coverage include having a written statement from a doctor stating that transportation via ambulance is medically necessary or that the transportation is a requirement to treat or diagnose a medical condition. Another determining factor depends on whether using an alternate method of transportation could endanger the health of the patient.

Learn more about Health Insurance
Related Videos

Related Questions

Explore