Q:

When was Miele founded?

A:

Quick Answer

Miele was founded in 1899, according to the company's website. Miele had only 11 employees when it was founded, including founders Reinhard Zinkann and Carl Miele. Miele worked as an engineer, while Zinkann was a businessman. The company focuses on high-end kitchen appliances and commercial equipment.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

Miele remains a private, family-owned and operated company as of February 2015. The company is still owned by the Miele and Zinkann families, with approximately 56 shareholders. The Miele family is estimated to own 51 percent of the company, while the Zinkann family owns the remaining 49 percent. Its headquarters has been located in Gutersloh, Germany, since 1907.

Learn more about Corporations

Related Questions

Explore