What Are Some Medical Degrees for Technical Jobs?


Quick Answer

Some medical degrees for technical jobs are radiological technology, diagnostic medical sonography, nuclear medicine technology, medical laboratory technician and cardiovascular perfusion. Most of these are two-year associate degrees; only cardiovascular perfusion requires a bachelor's degree.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The radiological technology or technician degree prepares students to take x-rays and computerized tomography scans. The degree in diagnostic medical sonography leads to careers as ultrasound technicians or sonographers. With further training, both radiology technicians and ultrasound technicians can perform magnetic resonance imaging scans. Nuclear medicine technology is another diagnostic medical imaging degree. Medical lab technician degrees train students to perform tests in clinical labs.

Both bachelor's and post-baccalaureate cardiovascular perfusion programs are available. A perfusionist works in the operating room using machinery to pump the blood and keep it oxygenated during open-heart surgery and other procedures when the patient's heart or lungs are not able to work.

Learn more about Career Aspirations

Related Questions