How do you make a complaint about a health professional or hospital?


Quick Answer

File a complaint against a health professional with a supervising physician or through your state's medical society or licensing board, recommends the American Medical Association. Consult the AMA Code of Medical Ethics to learn if the health professional's conduct was unethical or unprofessional.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

Medicare patients have a dedicated avenue for voicing complaints about health professionals and hospitals, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Your state Quality Improvement Organization is empowered to address complaints raised by Medicare patients and can be reached through Medicare's toll-free number, 1-800-MEDICARE, or by searching for QIO offices in your specific region through the American Health Quality Association's "Find Your QIO" map on the organization's website.

Learn more about Health Insurance

Related Questions