Do You Mail Your Tax Forms to the State IRS or the Federal IRS?


Quick Answer

Mail state tax returns to the state taxing authority responsible for processing returns, and mail federal returns to the appropriate IRS Service Center. Click your state on the IRS map to find the correct address, notes IRS.gov.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

To find the address for mailing a paper return to your state, check the list on the American Institute of CPAs website, AICPA.org. Each state has a specific department of revenue, franchise tax board, department of treasury, tax commission or other taxing body that handles paper returns. Access the list by clicking on the Research tab from the AICPA home page, clicking External Links, and then clicking the Taxes – States – Departments of Revenue link.

Learn more about Taxes

Related Questions