At What Locations Can You Use Health Cards?


Quick Answer

Formerly called Health Cards, Food Handler Safety Training Cards are accepted at restaurants and food service companies throughout Clark County in southern Nevada, says Southern Nevada Health District. All food handlers in the area must receive these cards to work. Some child care professionals must go through mandatory food safety training, though they are not required to have food handler cards to work their positions.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Workers who merely dispense packaged meals are exempt from having to maintain food handler cards, reports Southern Nevada Health District. The Food Handler Safety Training Program replaced the Heatlh Card Program in January 2013. The new health safety program was adapted after a review of the old program revealed inadequacies.

The current food safety training requirements for Clark County reflect the most contemporary accepted medical knowledge, according to Southern Nevada Health District. In this county, food establishment managers must receive a separate card called the Certified Food Safety Manager Card. Even if employed at an establishment that serves food, workers are not considered food handlers if they only handle food incidentally.

To receive their Food Handler Safety Training cards, people must complete the Vegas PBS food safety training, says Southern Nevada Health District. The course costs $20 per trainee.

Learn more about Industries

Related Questions