How Do I Find a List of Houses That Accept Section 8?

Every city and state has different information on Section 8. The local Public Housing Authority (PHA), or The Housing and Urban Development (HUD) site for each state is a good place to find information on houses that accept Section 8. is a great place to start looking for information on Section 8. There are links to the PHA's in each state. The PHA listing for the cities or counties in each state specifies if they accept Section 8 or other assistance and provide contact information for local HUD offices. There is also the ability to search for subsidized housing on the site. Calling 211 is also a way to get information on assistance available in your area. Due to high demand, many areas have long waiting lists for Section 8 accessibility.