What Information Do You Need to Fill Out a HEAP Application Form?


Quick Answer

The information needed to fill out a home energy assistance program, or HEAP, application in New York includes documentation of identity, residence, income and relationship with the energy provider vendor, explains the Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance. Applications are only accepted at certain times of the year.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Individuals interested in applying for HEAP benefits when the enrollment period is open may apply online, if their residence is outside of New York City, by going to myBenefits.ny.gov., explains the Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance. The online application is only for a regular HEAP benefit. The rules allow a 30-day time frame to make a determination on the application. If the applicant is scheduled to be shut off, if there is less than a quarter tank of fuel or less than a 10-day supply of fuel, or if there is no heating fuel in the home, and the method used to heat the home is unsafe or inoperable, applicants must call their local social services department office for further assistance.

Applicants may also print the application, and a link to the printable version is available online when the application period is open. Applicants must submit the printed application to the local county HEAP certifier, says the Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance.

Learn more about Career Aspirations

Related Questions