As of 2015, Blue Cross and Blue Shield offer several health care plans, including flexible spending accounts, health maintenance organizations, health savings accounts, Medicare and Medicaid, among several others, notes BCBS.com. Customers can search for local companies and available plans through the Local BCBS Company Finder tool, or by calling 1-888-630-2583.
Some plans that Blue Cross Blue Shield offers include:
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Customers with FSA plans are reimbursed for eligible healthcare costs, states BCBS.com.
- Health Maintenance Organizations: HMO plans require patients to visit providers in the HMO network.
- Health Savings Accounts: HSA plans allow customers to save and pay for eligible medical expenses through contributions to the account.
- Medicare or Medicaid: Medicare accounts are federal health insurance plans provided for qualifying applicants, and Medicaid accounts are federal and state programs for low-income and other qualifying individuals.
- Health Reimbursement Arrangements: HRAs are employer-funded accounts that reimburse employees for eligible medical expenses.
- Point of Service: Customers with POS plans are able to choose their services and providers as needed, and they have the opportunity to choose in-network or out-of-network providers.
- Indemnity: Traditional, or indemnity, plans allow customers to choose from in-network or out-of-network providers, and the plan reimburses costs for the services outlined in the provider's bill.