The headquarters of the Church of God of Prophecy are currently located in Cleveland, Tennessee. The church headquarters were established there in 1904 after having been based in the rural mountains of Cherokee County, North Carolina.
The Church of God movement began over 100 years ago. After a miracle-filled revival near Camp Creek, North Carolina, in 1886, a small congregation formed. The Church of God was more formally organized in 1903 and led by Pastor A.J. Tomlinson from Indiana. The year after that, they moved to Cleveland, Tennessee. The Church of God of Prophecy has over 1.5 million members, with a large majority of the members located outside of North America.