What Forms Do You Need to File Taxes for 2014?

To file taxes for 2014, individuals need income statements such as W-2 forms or 1099s from an employer and proof of deductions, such as donation slips from non-profit organizations, according to the Internal Revenue Service. Tax filers can use a tax form, such as a 1040 or 1040EZ, to file.

Additional forms needed to file include proof of medical payments such as cancelled checks and receipts for deductions, explains the Internal Revenue Service. Forms from mortgage companies showing interest paid and proof of real estate taxes paid are also necessary to claim deductions when filing 2014 taxes. Individuals with earnings from gambling or freelance work must provide proof of the income and file the information on their tax forms.