What Form Do You Use for IRS Estimated Taxes?


Quick Answer

The form used to determine estimated taxes is the 1040-ES. This form is available at Internal Revenue Service offices and on the IRS website.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Those who earn income that is not subject to withholding tax should use the 1040-ES to estimate how much tax they need to pay. Self-employed people, those who collect rent, alimony or dividends should all refer to the 1040-ES.

Estimated tax must be paid if a taxpayer will owe at least $1,000 in 2015, although farmers, fishermen or higher-income taxpayers are subject to different rules.

To figure estimated taxes, a taxpayer will need the Estimated Tax Worksheet, the Tax Rate Schedules and the 2014 tax return.

Learn more about Taxes

Related Questions