Which Form Do You Need to File an Amended Tax Return?


Quick Answer

Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, is the form taxpayers need when filing an amended tax return, explains the Internal Revenue Service. The form is available online at IRS.gov.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

When filing a 1040X, taxpayers need to include copies of any schedules that are changing along with any Form W-2s that they did not include with the original return filing. Taxpayers should only file Form 1040X after filing the original return. If a taxpayer is expecting a credit or refund, he should file the amended return within three years after the filing of the original return, explains the IRS.

Learn more about Taxes

Related Questions