Is the Form 8822 Available on IRS.gov?


Quick Answer

Form 8822 is available on IRS.gov. Taxpayers use the form to notify the Internal Revenue Service when they change their home mailing addresses. Form 8822-B, which is used to report changes in business locations or mailing addresses, or the identities of parties responsible for businesses, is also available.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

If a representative submits an address change on a form or in a statement in writing on behalf of a taxpayer, the representative is required to submit Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative, explains the IRS. Other ways to submit a change of address include notifying the agency verbally by phone or in person; delivering a written, signed statement with the old and new addresses and Social Security number; and using the new address on a tax return.

Learn more about Taxes

Related Questions