What Is the Federal Tax Form to Disclose Rental Property?


Quick Answer

The federal tax form to disclose rental property is Schedule E on the 1040 form, says the Internal Revenue Service. Schedule E is used to report all income, expenses and deprecation for each piece of rental property the taxpayer owns.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

There are two types of methods a taxpayer can use when he is collecting rental income, and the type of method he uses dictates when he reports the rental income, explains the Internal Revenue Service. The cash method is used if the taxpayer reports income on his tax return in the year he receives it, regardless of when it was earned. If a taxpayer uses the accrual method, he reports the income when earned, rather than when received.

Learn more about Taxes

Related Questions