Where Do You Find the Federal Pay Schedule?

Those working for the federal government can obtain a pay schedule on the Office of Personnel Management website or by calling (703) 696-1746. This information was accurate as of February, 2015 and is subject to change without notice.

The Department of Defense is the federal agency responsible for the issuance of pay schedules. The organization also conducts wage surveys and has a site set up specifically for civilian employees. Civilian employees need to visit the Civilian Personnel Advisory Service for more details.

The Department of Defense breaks down the annual and hourly rate of pay for its employees, and makes it easy to search by major city. If an employee's city is not listed, he or she should check under the heading 'Rest of the United States' for more information.