How Do You Get EPA 608 and 609 Certification?


Quick Answer

Get EPA 608 and 609 certification by completing technician certification programs with one of the organizations listed on the EPA website and successfully passing the certification tests. The EPA provides a contact information list of approved technician certification programs throughout the United States. Find the list at EPA.gov. Many of the programs on the list offer multiple certification training and testing locations in different cities and states.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The basic EPA certification test for section 608 covers core information such as regulations, the Clean Air Act and Montreal Protocol, substitute refrigerants and safety protocols. Separate tests for different certification types are available to certify technicians to work on small appliances and high-pressure and low-pressure applications. The section 609 certification covers standards and requirements regarding the servicing of motor vehicle air conditioners and other areas such as refrigerant types and regulations.

EPATest.com offers legitimate online versions of the EPA 608 Type 1 certification test and the EPA 609 certification test. Both tests are open book, meaning test takers complete them with the aid of study materials. A test taker must take the online Type 1 certification test in person in a proctored environment in order to receive Type 2 or Type 3 certifications.

Learn more about Career Aspirations

Related Questions