What Do You Do If Your Employer Does Not Pay You?


Quick Answer

If any employee is not paid by his or her employer, the United States Department of Labor's Wage and Hour Division Office in his or her area should be contacted. The United States Department of Labor website contains a map and listings of Wage and Division Offices across the country.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

For the Department of Labor to be able to help, the employee needs to provide his or her address, job position, the agreed upon payment details and the company's address. An employee has 2 years to report an accidental violation and three years to report a willful violation. It is free to make a complaint and details concerning the complaint are kept confidential.

Learn more about HR

Related Questions