The Edelbrock company history began when Vic Edelbrock Sr. opened his first automobile repair shop in Los Angeles in 1934. Vic Edelbrock developed the first Edelbrock aluminum intake manifold following his 1938 purchase of a 1932 Ford Roadster.
The first product catalog containing Edelbrock automotive products, such as aluminum racing heads and speed equipment, was printed in 1946. Other products listed in the catalog included steering wheels, crankshafts and pistons. The first purpose-built shop for the Edelston vehicle equipment business was opened in 1949 and had an area of 5,000 square feet. The facility also included a small machine shop, office space and repair bays.