What Is the Difference Between IRS Forms 1040A and 1040EZ?


Quick Answer

The IRS form 1040EZ is shorter and less complicated than form 1040A. However, it can only be used if certain strict conditions are met, such as not having a total income greater than $100,000 or claiming any dependents.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The three main forms for filing U.S. federal taxes are 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ. Form 1040EZ does not allow any adjustments to income or tax credits, with the exception of earned income tax credit. Form 1040A permits deductions for student loan interest, IRA, educator expenses and tuition and fees. In addition, 104A allows credits for child and dependent care expenses, education costs, being elderly or disabled and retirement savings contributions.

Learn more about Taxes

Related Questions