What Companies Require You to Have a License Before Hiring You As a Tutor?


Quick Answer

Companies such as WebWise require a license from applicants who wish to hold online tutoring jobs. WebWise's K-12 general tutoring requirements include legal work authorization in the United States, a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and a full teaching certification from a state education department.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Tutors who want to work with special education students must have a special education certification from the relevant state. Tutoring college students is only available for individuals with a bachelor's or master's degree in the relevant subject. Ideally, prospective college tutors should show previous experience in the field they wish to tutor.

WebWise's application process takes roughly four to six weeks.

Learn more about Career Aspirations

Related Questions