Q:

What are some chiropractic benefits provided by Medicare?

A:

Quick Answer

Medicare does not generally offer chiropractic benefits. However, Part B of the Medicare plan may offer coverage for chiropractic care in specified, limited circumstances. The only chiropractic care covered is the manipulation of the spine for the correction of a subluxation, according to Medicare.gov.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

For the treatment to qualify, it must be deemed necessary from a medical perspective. The treatment must also be formally prescribed by a physician, as stipulated by Medicare.gov. Thus, for Medicare to cover this type of treatment, it cannot have been recommended by a chiropractor alone. In addition to this, the chiropractor in question must be Medicare-certified. Under the plan, Medicare covers 80 percent of the approved amount, while the individual pays the remaining 20 percent and bears the cost of all other chiropractor-ordered tests or services such as X-rays.

Learn more about Health Insurance
Sources:

Related Questions

Explore