How Do You Change a Mailing Address on Your Tax Forms?


Quick Answer

To change your tax mailing address, put your new address on your tax forms, use Form 8822 or Form 8822-B, send a written statement, or call or visit the IRS, states the agency. If your refund was returned as undeliverable, use the Where's My Refund page to change your address.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

If you send a written statement or call or visit the IRS, include your full name, your old and new addresses, and your Social Security Number in the information. If you filed a joint return, provide information for both spouses. If you filed a joint return but you and your spouse have separated, both parties must supply their new addresses to the IRS, explains the agency.

Learn more about Taxes

Related Questions