How Do You Find a Certified 203k Contractor?


Quick Answer

The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development offers a 203k contractor search available on the agency's website. The search feature lets users find contractors by name, consultant ID, city, state and status.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The search feature provides a list of 203k consultants and the consultant's current status. The consultant list also provides contact information for current consultants, and shows whether the contractor has had any sanctions, notes HUD.

As of 2015, 203kContractors.com also offers a location-based search. Users can search by city, state and contractor type. Additionally, users may use an interactive map to find certified 203k contractors by location.

Contractors must apply to become part of the FHA 203(k) Consultant Roster. Consultants must submit a detailed resume showing their contracting experience, education, licensing and ability to perform home inspections. There will soon be a standardized examination process for new consultants, according to HUD.

Learn more about Credit & Lending

Related Questions