In What Cases Can You Get Your Bank to Reverse an Overdraft Fee?


Quick Answer

You can get the bank to reverse an overdraft fee if they believe that they stand to lose more than they would gain by refusing your request. For example, they may reverse fees if you are going to switch banks or you are going to make your dispute public.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Follow standard negotiating rules by remaining patient and polite throughout the process, as irate representatives tend to be uncooperative representatives. Furthermore, if you have been a good customer, make sure to stress that fact when you make your case. Finally, contact your bank more than once using more than one way, as a different representative might be willing to reverse an overdraft fee even if the first one will not.

Learn more about Personal Banking

Related Questions