Where Can You Get Help With Your Tax Refund?


Quick Answer

As of March 2015, qualifying individuals who earn $53,000 a year or less, have a disability, are elderly or speak little English can receive free tax preparation help from the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, as stated by the IRS. The Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) program also provides free tax assistance and specializes in aiding taxpayers 60 and older.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The TCE program can offer in-depth advice for issues specifically pertaining to older citizens, such as pension and retirement plan withdrawals.

Taxpayers who want to use the VITA or TCE programs can locate sites in their area using the locator tool on the IRS website.

Individuals who feel they are receiving unfair treatment or do not understand their rights should contact the Taxpayer Advocate Service.

Learn more about Taxes

Related Questions