Obamacare, or the Affordable Care Act, website provides information for whether several different options for subsidies is available by using the Health Insurance Calculators on the Healthcare Marketplace website. By entering income, age and family size, the calculator estimates eligibility.
The ObamaCare website calculator will estimate the cost assistance subsidies available based on the information provided.
Facts to Know
- The marketplace is only open during open enrollment, which is normally the middle of November to the middle of February each year.
- Understand the Federal Poverty Guidelines for eligibility
- Assistance for the cost of health care is only available through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Cost assistance and exemptions are based on household income.
- Children can get Medicaid cost assistance through Children's Health Insurance Program. This is a program for families that earn too much money to qualify for Medicaid in some states. Depending on the state, the program may cover parents and pregnant women.
- Research the Federal Poverty Guidelines to understand what type of cost assistance may be available.
- In most states, if income is less that $46,680 a year as an individual, that person is likely to qualify for some sort of assistance.
The health care calculator will estimate just what subsidies and assistance is available based on several factors, including income, tax credits and cost assistance.