Where Can You Report Violations of OSHA Safety Guidelines?


Quick Answer

A health and safety complaint can be filed with the Occupational Health and Safety Administration via the online complaint form on the OSHA website or by downloading and completing the complaint form and submitting it by mail or fax, explains OSHA. Complaints can also be filed via phone. The contact information for local OSHA offices, as well as the complaint form, are accessible through the Workers tab on OSHA.gov.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

It is possible for employees or their representatives to file complaints, states the OSHA website. The complaint should include sufficient information to allow the agency to determine that a hazard most likely exists at the workplace in question, according to OSHA. Relevant information could include the number of employees working at the job site, the number of employees exposed to the potential hazard, the type of equipment used and its condition, the materials and chemicals being used, and if anyone has been harmed or become sick as a result of the potential hazard.

Workers have rights, such as the right to request an OSHA inspection and the right to get information about hazards, OSHA standards, and preventative safety measures at their workplace, in a language they comprehend, explains OSHA. Workers also have the right to obtain copies of their medical records, to review records of work-related injuries and illnesses, and to exercise their rights without discrimination.

Learn more about Business Resources

Related Questions