Can You Report Power Outages by Telephone for in the ComEd Area?


Quick Answer

People can report a power outage by phone in the Commonwealth Edison, or ComEd, service area by calling 800-334-7661. The company recommends that people who call in power outages give as much information as possible to assist in power restoration.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

ComEd advises customers who call in that the company's phone systems are very busy during outages and information goes through an automated, interactive system. People can also report outages in the ComEd service area by text, mobile apps, with an online form or through their online accounts. Those experiencing a medical emergency should get immediate help by calling 911 and staying elsewhere until power is restored.

Learn more about Customer Service

Related Questions