Where Can a Pancreas Doctor Be Located?


Quick Answer

The American College of Gastroenterology's website, Patients.GI.org, has a searchable listing of gastroenterologists, doctors who specialize in diseases and conditions of the digestive system including the pancreas. Patients who need pancreatic surgery can search for gastrointestinal surgeons on the website of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.

Continue Reading
Where Can a Pancreas Doctor Be Located?
Credit: ericsphotography iStock / Getty Images Plus Getty Images

Full Answer

Commonly, the first step is to consult a general practitioner when experiencing abdominal pain, distension or steatorrhoea, a pale, loose stool indicative of pancreatic problems. The general practitioner may order blood samples and laboratory analysis to look for signs of a problem. If a pancreatic issue is suspected, the patient may receive a referral to a gastroenterologist for further examination.

Learn more about Careers
Related Videos

Related Questions