Who Can Help With Instructions to Fill Out a 1040?


Quick Answer

The Internal Revenue Service provides assistance with filling out tax forms over the phone, in person and via the Internet. Organizations such as VITA provide free assistance for people with incomes of less than $60,000 per year as of 2015, and companies such as H&R Block provide paid assistance.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The IRS website has a section on "Filing," containing the most recent updates and other information necessary to fill out the 1040 form and other required schedules. The IRS website also has links to authorized providers for electronic filing and a variety of calculators to help taxpayers figure out withholding amounts, sales tax deductions and other calculations. Access to the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) is through the United Way.

Learn more about Taxes

Related Questions