Can You Get Help Filing Taxes on the Irs.gov Website?


Quick Answer

The Internal Revenue Service has a free filing service on the irs.gov website. The site also has a FAQ page to troubleshoot any filing questions.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The United States Government provides FreeFile, a free software program that aids in electronic filing. The software has two different versions for incomes below or above $60,000. The site also provides detailed guides for individuals, large companies and tax professionals. Individual pages addressing key issues and information about the tax process include, Self-employed & Small Businesses, Corporations, Charities & Non-Profits, as well as Government Entities and Estate & Gift tax. The site does not have a chat feature to request assistance from a tax professional or IRS employee.

Learn more about Income Tax

Related Questions