Where Can You Get Help With Filing Your Taxes With the IRS?


Quick Answer

Taxpayers can get help with filing taxes with the IRS through the IRS volunteer income tax assistance program, the IRS explains. This program is set up for taxpayers who make $53,000 or less, taxpayers with disabilities, the elderly and those who have limited English.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Another program offered by the IRS is the tax counseling for the elderly program, the IRS states. This program offers free help for all taxpayers, especially those who are age 60 or older. This program specializes in questions regarding retirement-related issues and pensions that are unique to senior taxpayers. Taxpayers can also utilize assistance available at IRS tax assistance centers. The IRS website provides a search tool that allows taxpayers to search for assistance centers near them.

Learn more about Income Tax

Related Questions