Where Can You Find Help to File an Income Tax Return?


Quick Answer

The Internal Revenue Service offers help filing an income tax return for certain taxpayers through its Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program and its Tax Counseling for the Elderly program, as of 2015. The IRS also offers tips for hiring a paid tax preparer for help in filing a return.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program is available for taxpayers with annual incomes less than $53,000, disabled and elderly taxpayers and taxpayers who speak limited or no English. Taxpayers age 60 or older can also get assistance with filing their tax returns from the IRS’ Tax Counseling for the Elderly program. Both programs are staffed by IRS-certified volunteers. For taxpayers who don't qualify for these programs, the IRS lists tips for choosing a professional for help with filing a return, including checking a preparer's history and asking about fees.

Learn more about Income Tax

Related Questions