Where Can Farmers Find Financing for Agricultural Machinery?


Quick Answer

The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Farm Service Agency offers direct farm operating loans that allow farmers to purchase equipment and machinery, explains the USDA. The loans also allow farmers to refinance farm-related debt and make minor repairs to existing machinery or buildings.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The Farm Service Agency controls the direct farm operating loan application process, and Congress funds the loans through appropriations, explains the USDA. Farmers in need of machinery may also apply for nongovernment financing through companies such as Ag Equipment Finance or AgStar Financial Services, according to each company’s website. Ag Equipment Finance offers zero-down programs throughout the United States for farmers who need to finance used or new machinery.

Learn more about Credit & Lending

Related Questions