Where Can You Estimate a Refund on a Tax Return?


Quick Answer

Taxpayers can estimate federal tax refunds by using a free online tax refund calculator, such as TurboTax's TaxCaster or H&R Block's Tax Estimator. To calculate an accurate estimate, tax calculators require the taxpayer's income, expenses, filing status, age and number of dependents.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The H&R Block Tax Estimator gives detailed instructions during each step of the calculation. In the About You tab, the calculator asks about filing status, age and number of dependants. The Your Income tab asks about total wages, federal income taxes withheld and income other than wages. It also provides the W-2 box numbers that correspond with each question. The taxpayer enters various expenses and credits in the Your Expenses tab, and the Your Results tab shows the estimated tax refund.

Learn more about Taxes

Related Questions