Where Can You Get Free Crown Land in Canada?

As of 2015, free Canadian crown land is still offered in Yukon. To qualify for the free crown land, you must be at a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, at least 19 years old and a resident of Yukon for at least one year.

The crown land in Yukon is intended for agriculture development. To obtain free crown land in Canada, complete an application with the Agricultural branch of the Department of Energy, Mines and Resources detailing the intended use of the land. Within 60 days of filing the application, you must also submit a Farm Development Plan. The application is then approved or denied by the Agricultural branch.