How Can You Get a Copy of Your W-2 Form?


Quick Answer

You can get a copy of your W-2 form through the Internal Revenue Service by submitting IRS Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return, explains the IRS. The IRS does not retain copies of individual W-2 forms, but instead saves them as attachments to your income tax return.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

A $50 fee applies when requesting a copy of your income tax return, as of 2015. You can also obtain a copy of your W-2 by filing Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return, which allows you to request a wage and income transcript. The transcript shows the data reported to the IRS on information returns such as a W-2, explains the IRS.

Learn more about Taxes

Related Questions