Where Can I Complain About a Bad Landlord?


Quick Answer

Bad landlords can be reported to the police, to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, to the Rental Protection Agency or to any relevant state offices handling housing. It is important for individuals to make such reports if their rights have been violated.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Local police should be alerted in severe cases, such as threats and unlawful evictions. The Department of Housing and Urban Development should only be contacted if the home is federally funded or a Housing and Urban Development home. The Rental Protection Agency is a national service to register complaints, but it requires a fee of $35 to file.

Learn more about Real Estate

Related Questions