Where Can You Complain About a Bad Doctor?


Quick Answer

Complaints about a physician's conduct can be taken up with the physician themselves, their colleagues or hospital grievance systems, as stated by the American Medical Association (AMA). Complaints can also be made to the applicable state medical society or licensing board who are able to investigate individual physicians' conduct and take disciplinary action. The contact information for these organizations can be viewed at the website of the AMA.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Before making a complaint about a physician, however, complainants should carefully consider whether the physician's conduct was in fact unethical or unprofessional, notes the AMA. Information on the ethical and professional guidelines that physicians are expected to adhere to can be viewed at the AMA website.

Learn more about Customer Service

Related Questions