A college student with no work experience who wants to make a resume should focus on highlighting personal attributes and extra-curricular activities. In addition, students should ensure that the resume is concise and neat.
- Focus on creating a clean layout Create a clean layout by using the same font consistently throughout the document. In addition, make sure headers are clear so employers can access relevant information quickly.
- Include contact details Make sure the top of the resume includes contact details. This should include the candidate's full name, email address and a contact telephone number. Some candidates may also want to feature a professional social media account, but this is not mandatory.
- Create a goal statement The candidate's goal statement should rest beneath the contact details. This should detail the resume's aim, such as seeking an internship in a digital media organization.
- Highlight leadership and activity interests Candidates with no work experience can highlight their leadership and activity interests by detailing the extra-curricular activities they participate in. This can include being part of a sports team, volunteering or being the president of a society.
- Identify achievements If possible, include a section detailing personal or academic achievements. This can include academic scholarships and honor rolls.
- Identify skills Create a bullet point list of skills. This can include relevant personality attributes, computer skills and anything else that seems relevant.