Where Can Free Career Counseling and Training Be Found?


Quick Answer

An online search requestor for various state career counseling and training services, including Workforce Investment Act (WIA) programs and an interactive state services map, can be found under the "Find Local Help" tab on the CareerOneStop home page. Eligible veterans can access a free career assessment test and locate transition counseling services at the CareerScope portal of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs website.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The CareerOneStop website contains a wide variety of resources for low-income or disadvantaged individuals to obtain no-cost counseling or WIA assistance, including grants and financial aid for career-based education. The website is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) and its many links lead to a wide range of government-sponsored career-assistance programs.

CareerScope refers to the name of the specialized career aptitude test available to eligible veterans at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website. Free educational and career counseling services are available to veterans who have been discharged from active service within the past year, are 6 months away from discharge or who are eligible under certain assistance chapters, as noted on the website.

Learn more about Career Aspirations

Related Questions