Where Can You Apply for a Personal Hardship Grant?

Individuals can apply for a personal hardship grant provided by the government by applying at the Department of Health and Human Services within their state of residence. Personal hardship grants are also available through private organizations within the community, such as Operation Roundup or Free Gas USA.

Personal hardship grants help individuals facing poverty pay for shelter, gasoline, child care costs and food. Government grants also help recipients reduce debt or expenses used to find employment. Individuals seeking personal hardship grants must complete extensive paperwork that proves financial status for themselves and their families. Applicants should take caution against potential money scams.