Who Can Apply for an Open Work Permit?


Quick Answer

Applicants for open work permits in Canada must have applied for permanent residency, be part of special programs, be married to skilled workers or foreign students in Canada, or have temporary resident permits, explains the Government of Canada. Additionally, refugees, foreign representatives and professional athletes can apply.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

People who have been working in Canada for a specified period of time and who have applied for permanent residency can apply for permits, notes the Canadian government. Professional athletes who play for Canadian teams and wish to earn more money can apply. Family members of people representing other countries can also obtain open work permits.

Learn more about Applying & Interviewing

Related Questions