Where Can You Apply for Low-Income Housing?


Quick Answer

Individuals or families seeking low-income housing opportunities can apply through government organizations such as the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), which is a public housing program, and through local non-governmental housing authorities. They can also apply for rental assistance through Section 8 Today. These resources as well as housing applications may be found online.

Continue Reading
Where Can You Apply for Low-Income Housing?
Credit: stevegeer iStock / Getty Images Plus Getty Images

Full Answer

Families and individuals who qualify for HUD's Public Housing can apply by contacting the local housing authority, or a HUD field office. The HUD website provides detailed instructions for how to apply, as well as lists required documents needed at time of application. Additionally, local housing authorities may provide online applications, as well as resources to educate families and individuals on their eligibility. Lastly, a Section 8 voucher provides temporary rental assistance that will be paid directly to the landlord, as stated by Section 8 Today.

Learn more about Finding a Home
Related Videos

Related Questions