Can You Get Answers to Federal Income Tax Questions From the Web?


Quick Answer

The Internal Revenue Service provides an online submission form for questions about federal tax law on IRS.gov. Taxpayers can use this form to ask questions about administrative issues, such as filing procedures, as well as more technical tax issues, such as capital gains, pensions, itemized deductions and life abroad.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The IRS also provides answers to frequently asked questions at IRS.gov and uses an interactive tax assistant and IRS tax map to help direct users to various informational resources on its website. The IRS does not allow taxpayers to ask individualized questions online that require their personal information such as a Social Security number. Many third parties, such as H&R Block, the AARP Foundation and TurboTax, also provide answers to common questions on their websites.

Learn more about Income Tax

Related Questions