What Is CAADAC Certification?


Quick Answer

CAADAC, or California Association of Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Counselors, asks members to pursue certification through the California Certification Board of Alcohol and Drug Counselors, or CCBADC, if they have CADC or CCS certifications. This allows them to apply for reciprocal licensing through the International Certification Reciprocity Consortium when moving, notes CAADAC.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The International Certification Reciprocity Consortium, or ICRC, has 60 affiliated boards located in seven countries. CCBADC provides credentialing for CAADAC, which means that it bestows the privileges and rights to work as a licensed alcoholism and drug abuse counselor in the state of California, reports CAADAC.

A counselor who wants to move to a different place and continue practicing as a licensed counselor, if still living in an area served by the ICRC, can apply for reciprocity. Reciprocal licensing requires that the counselor work and/or live in the issuing state at least 51 percent of the time, as stated by CAADAC.

The certification issued by CCBADC attests that the bearing counselors have shown the necessary level of skills and knowledge to provide treatment in a variety of modalities. All applicants must have a high school diploma or its equivalent, in addition to the specific requirements that may attach to a particular application, according to CAADAC.

Learn more about Career Aspirations

Related Questions