What Are Some Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans Available in Indiana?


Quick Answer

Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield offers health, vision, dental and supplemental Medicare insurance plans to Indiana residents, according to the company's website. It also offers state-sponsored health plans, as of 2015.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Anthem arranges its health plans in three categories: bronze, silver and gold, according to Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield. Bronze plans are the least expensive and cover 60 percent of health care costs. The silver plans offered by Anthem pay 70 percent of health care costs, while gold plans pay 80 percent, leaving policy holders responsible for 20 percent of the costs of care.

Anthem offers Indiana residents several dental plans, including a pediatric dental plan, a family plan and a plan for individuals. Plans range in coverage; for example, the Anthem Enhanced plan offers cleanings, exams and X-rays with zero out-of-pocket expense and allows for 50 percent coverage for crowns, oral surgery and root canals, states Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield.

Anthem’s Blue View vision plan is available along with the health and dental plans, notes Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield. It covers an eye exam every year with a $20 co-payment, and it covers the cost of new frames every two years for plan holders.

Learn more about Insurance

Related Questions